Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) is the core service in Firebase that enables sending
push notifications to
Android devices. It provides a reliable and scalable infrastructure for delivering messages to targeted users or devices.
FCM supports various messaging types, including notification messages and data messages.
Creating Service Account Credentials
- Go to the Firebase console and select your project.
- Click on the gear icon located in the top-left corner and navigate to
- In the
Service Accountstab, scroll down to find the section titled “Firebase Admin SDK” and click on the
Generate New Private Keybutton.
- A dialog box will appear with a warning about the sensitivity of the generated private key. Read the information carefully and click on the
- The private key file will be downloaded automatically. It is a JSON file containing your Service Account credentials.
Firebase Admin Console
Creating Firebase Connection on valmi.io
- Go to
valmi.ioand click on
+DESTINATIONto create a new destination. Select
Android Push Notificationsas the destination.
- Provide the desired
Connection Nameand uploaded the
Firebase Service Accountdetails file from the Firebase console.
- Click on
Nextto create the destination. If the connection details are valid, the destination will be created successfully.
Setting up the sync
Supported Sync Modes
Android Push Notifications supports the following destination sync modes. Please refer to the Destination Sync Modes for more information on the different destination modes.
Go to the
syncs section in valmi.io and click on the
+SYNC button to initiate the creation of a new sync.
2. Warehouse and Destination Selection
- Choose the desired data source for your sync. This could be any of the supported sources.
- Select “Android Push Notifications” as the destination for your sync. And proceed to the
3. Mapping Source Columns to Destination Fields
- On the
Mappingpage, map the source columns to the destination fields. The following table lists the supported destination fields. these fields can be used to create
- Click on the
Nextbutton. Provide a
namefor your sync and
scheduleit to run at the desired frequency.
4. Verifying the
- On the
Sync runs page
- On Firebase Console, navigate to
Cloud Messagingand click on
View FCM reporting dashboardto view the push notification statistics.
Reports on Firebase console page
- On the mobile device ( Demo App ), App should receive the push notification.